RICH DEBT & POOR DEBT IIJanuary 25, 2018
What is Estate Planning?March 8, 2018
FInding it troublesome to get your CCRIS report at Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM)? Now you do not have to waste your precious time queuing up at BNM to get yours, that’s because you could it online already! For those who do not know what CCRIS is, here’s a brief explanation. CCRIS is a service platform which provides Personal Credit Reports and it stands for Central Credit Reference Information System. CCRIS is a system created by BNM which synthesizes credit information about a borrower or potential borrowers into standardized credit reports. The information shows the credit history of potential or current borrowers and is available to financial institutions and individuals upon request. It is essential for financial institutions to know the borrowers’ creditworthiness before offering them credit.
So now you have a basic grasp on what CCRIS is all about and its function. So how you could get hold of this report without even going to BNM? Here we will show you some guidelines and procedures on how you could utilize the online platform to generate your CCRIS report, in other words how to generate your eCCRIS.
- Register yourself at BNM
- Search for CCRIS kiosk at BNM.
- On the display at CCRIS kiosk, you will come to the homepage with an eCCRIS option after you had selected your preferred language. Click on the option of course if you want to generate your eCCRIS report.
- You will be brought to a page that shows the submenu. If you are first time visiting the kiosk, click on the ‘Register User’ option.
- You will be required to enter your identity card into the kiosk as well as undergo the biometric screening on your finger.
- You will be required to key in your mobile phone number after the previous steps have successfully been completed.
- Have a good look through on all the keyed in information. After confirming the accuracy of all your information, just continue.
- You will receive a 6 digits pin number in your mobile phone which is required for future procedures on your desktop.
- Go online and visit the website https://eccris.bnm.gov.my/ and click on ‘First-time login’.
- Fill in all the required information including the pin number you just received.
- You will be required to set your User ID, Email and Password for your new user account.
- After you have done, you will be prompted back to the homepage and log in again using your new User ID and password.
- You will be transferred to the homepage and click on the enquiry option shown at the menu bar. Click on the drop-down ‘Self-Enquiry’ option.
- A disclaimer page will be shown and tick on the ‘I agree’ option and click on the ‘Report Enquiry’ option located at the bottom right of the page.
And that’s all the simple steps you need to go through to know your credit standing, outstanding credit, debt or loan status. You will save yourself time and effort to head to the bank and queue up just to get a paper report. Enjoy your eCCRIS online!